5.Exercise Thrice A Week
When yoga and meditation becomes a habit, develop a new habit of working out 3 times a week. You should get at least 20 minutes of workout. You can increase this time to 60 minutes for 3 days a week. Working out will keep you fit, and you will also be able to indulge in comfort foods every once in a while.
The area where most of us can go wrong is choosing a Kapha-pacifying diet. Therefore, I have chalked out a simple 5-meal Kapha pacifying diet plan to help you get into a healthy eating habit. Take a look.
Kapha Pacifying Diet Plan
|Meal||Kapha Pacifying Foods To Eat|
|Breakfast (8:30- 9:00 a.m)||Sprouts + Fat-free milk + 4 almonds|
|Lunch (12:00 – 12:30 p.m)||Options:
· Blanched veggie salad + Buttermilk
· Baked fish and veggies + Buttermilk
|Post Lunch (3:00 p.m)||Coconut water or a bowl of fruits|
|Evening Snack (5:00 p.m)||Green tea or fruit juice|
|Dinner (7:00 – 7:30 p.m)||Options:
· Wheat flat bread with lentil soup + 1 cup warm fat-free milk
· Chicken clear soup with lots of veggies
Only following this diet plan will not bring the desired results. You should also incorporate yoga, meditation, and workout into your daily routine. Here is what you should do.
Yoga (20 – 40 minutes)
- Surya Namaskar
- Anulom Vilom
Meditation (10 – 20 minutes)
Stress is one of the reasons for weight gain. Therefore get rid of stress by meditating to promote weight loss and awareness. Here is how to do meditation for beginners.
Workout (3 times a week)
Incorporate a friendly workout routine into your daily life as you get comfortable with yoga and meditation. Here is a sample workout plan for you.
- Neck rotations – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anti-clockwise)
- Shoulder rotations – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anti-clockwise)
- Arm circles – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anti-clockwise)
- Side crunches – 2 sets of 10 reps (left and right sides)
- Upper body twists – 1 set of 20 reps
- Ankle rotations – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anti-clockwise)
- Spot jumping – 3 sets of 20 reps
- Forward lunges – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Mountain climbers – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Explosive forward lunges – 1 set of 10 reps
- Full squats – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Scissor kicks – 1 set of 10 reps
- Horizontal out kicks – 1 set of 10 reps
- Crunches – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Pushups – 2 set of 5 reps
- Plank – 2 sets of 20 seconds hold
Apart from diet and exercise, you should also consume Ayurvedic herbs to accelerate the weight loss. Here are the recipes to prepare your morning detox water.